NC

Default Poolewood Vs Silverdrive

Do any readers have views on the merits (or otherwise) of either the
Poolewood DVSL or the Silverdrive equivalent - other than the larger
motor of the Silverdrive?

Are there any real differences, other than price?
Mark Hancock

Mike

As far as I know Poolewood and Silverdrive are two separate companies.
However Silverdrive do have a part in some of the Poolewood lathes. It's
rather a complex relationship with one or the other having the manufacturing
and/or the selling rights to certain lathes.

--
Mark Hancock
South Wales, UK

"Mike Swain" wrote in message
m...
(NC) wrote in message

om...
Do any readers have views on the merits (or otherwise) of either the
Poolewood DVSL or the Silverdrive equivalent - other than the larger
motor of the Silverdrive?

Are there any real differences, other than price?

Hi,

Can you eloborate on the two machines, in the UK Poolewood is Silverdrive.

Mike

http://www.creative-woodturning.com

Mark Hancock

NC

I'm not familiar with the Silverdrive version but I used the Poolewood DVSL
for the Yandles show recently and was very impressed by it. It was a I HP
version I used and I believe there is to be a 1 1/2 HP model. I think it's
excellent value for money and can't see Poolewood continuing with their 500,
1000 & 1500 lathes once this one takes off.
If you want further feedback on the DVSL feel free to get in touch.
--
Mark Hancock
South Wales, UK

m...