unme

Default Poolewood lathe?

Does anyone know where I can pull up pictures of a Poolewood PW28-40 lathe?

Also do you know where I can read any reviews of this lathe?

Mike Swain

Hi all,

The PW28-40 is one of the older original Poolewood lathes and I'm sure
it's now only available second hand, it was around here in the UK for
a short while in a white version sold by the Axminster Power Tool
company. It is a heavy lathe with variable speed that came through a
pully system operated by a handle on the front of the machine.

The original post in this thread could be referring to the all new
Euro1200 DVSL (Direct Variable Speed Lathe) from Poolewood. All the
lathes in the Poolewood Euro series are direct motor drive through a
universal drive placed between the motor and the spindle. The all new
E1200 differs in that the spindle is the motor shaft (no universal
joint) and the way it works (as I understand it) makes it similar to
the Nova DVR but the E1200 goes down to 1 rpm.

This lathe is in the prototype stage but orders are being taken in
large numbers and the best place to go for better information is
Poolewood in the UK.

Regards....Mike Swain

http://www.creative-woodturning.com
http://www.poolewood.co.uk