Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
william kossack

Default I'm done turning for a while

It must be a sign from above but I was working on a chunk of wood trying
to round it after doing the best I could with a saw when snap! and the
tool rest for my grizzly 8691 lathe broke off. The cast iron just snapped.

I cleaned up and then slathered the wood with green cut (no sense in
trying to bag it because it will be a while before I either get a
replacement or buy an new lathe) and pulled the lathe into the garage.

I guess I have to get serious now about if I should replace the tool
rest or buy a new lathe all together. I've been looking at nova but
feel an ouch each time I see the price. Then again anything that turns
slow enough for starting bowls is really the same price as the nova.
I'll have to have a talk with my swmbo tonight