John Young

Default Pen sales

Just thought I would share this with all of you... I recently lost a
sale of a pen because the customer would not believe that I had made
the pen. The reason being that the little plastic box given away with
the pen says " Made in Taiwan". So the pen had to have been made in
Taiwan.

There is no accounting for some customers !!!!!!

John
Ken Bullock

That is interesting, John, I have been doing shows now for 12 years and each
year, I find more and more of the items being sold at these shows are not
handmade but rather imports....

For example a lady who makes wonderful porcilian dolls needs to charge 3-500
for each doll. But her customers want something for less then $100, so she
buys dolls (imports) for $18 and resells them for $60-90. I am not condoning
this, I am just saying that it happens all the time and the customer is
confussed as to what is and what is not hand made.

I know a many crafts people who do this, so the customer has to ask and
might even doubt if something is handmade..... Its too bad, but, economics
is forcing some folk to cheat and maybe even decieve...... Too Bad.......
Ken....

--
Ken & Debbie Bullock

My EBay Sto
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/oneofakinddecalsandstickers.

Woodturning videos at:
http://www.oneofakindwoodturnings.com
SKP # 82323

"John Young" wrote in message
Just thought I would share this with all of you... I recently lost a
sale of a pen because the customer would not believe that I had made
the pen. The reason being that the little plastic box given away with
the pen says " Made in Taiwan". So the pen had to have been made in
Taiwan.

There is no accounting for some customers !!!!!!

John

Barry N. Turner

Let that be a lesson. Peel those little "Made in Taiwan" stickers on the
boxes off. Actually, I doubt you lost much. This person would have
probably returned the pen when it ran out of ink, anyway.

Barry

"John Young" wrote in message
Just thought I would share this with all of you... I recently lost a
sale of a pen because the customer would not believe that I had made
the pen. The reason being that the little plastic box given away with
the pen says " Made in Taiwan". So the pen had to have been made in
Taiwan.

There is no accounting for some customers !!!!!!

John

Nick Silva

On 11/12/03 9:48 PM, in article
, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

......"I doubt you lost much. This person would have
probably returned the pen when it ran out of ink, anyway."

LOL!!!
That summed it up perfectly, thanks.
I think we've all run into that particular customer at one time or another.
Peace.

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:38:01 GMT, "Passerby"
wrote:

You should not have sold it to him anyways. It is a clear case of an
"incompatible user".
"John Young" wrote in message
.. .
Just thought I would share this with all of you... I recently lost a
sale of a pen because the customer would not believe that I had made
the pen. The reason being that the little plastic box given away with
the pen says " Made in Taiwan". So the pen had to have been made in
Taiwan.

There is no accounting for some customers !!!!!!

John

yeh and he may want to suit you if he gets any spelling errors too!!!
lol :-] skeez

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:10:46 +0000, John Young
wrote:

Just thought I would share this with all of you... I recently lost a
sale of a pen because the customer would not believe that I had made
the pen. The reason being that the little plastic box given away with
the pen says " Made in Taiwan". So the pen had to have been made in
Taiwan.

There is no accounting for some customers !!!!!!

John

you should have told him "but it writes in english!" lol
skeez
George

With all the "souvenirs of (your location here)" made in China or Taiwan, I
guess it's natural for some people to be picky. Real answer is "I didn't
make the box or the works."

. ..