Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Denis Marier

Default Chain Saw durability

Yesterday, I was looking at Sears Craftsman chain saw. On the label it read
42cc and durability: 50 hours period. Poulan's label also reads: 40cc and
durability 50 hours period.
Does this mean that its intended for 50 hours of use over time or continuos
usage?
At the STIHL dealer a 16" chain saw label reads 38cc and no mention of the
durability?
The price tag of a STIHL is two to three time of a Craftsman or Poulan Pro.
I am only a beginner and I am not going to be cutting blanks 5 days of the
week. On the other hand buying a chain saw that would need replacement soon
after may not be the best of investment. I would benefit from comments