Lewis Dodd

Default Chain Saw durability

Look at Echo. Also look at how long a company keeps parts for old models!

I personally don't like Sears, and McCullough.

Stihls used to be very good saws, long lasting but they started making
several lines a few years back......????

Regards,
Lewis

--
The price of gas in Texas has gone so high that women who want to run over

their husbands have started carpooling.

"Denis Marier" wrote in message
Yesterday, I was looking at Sears Craftsman chain saw. On the label it

read
42cc and durability: 50 hours period. Poulan's label also reads: 40cc and
durability 50 hours period.
Does this mean that its intended for 50 hours of use over time or

continuos
usage?
At the STIHL dealer a 16" chain saw label reads 38cc and no mention of the
durability?
The price tag of a STIHL is two to three time of a Craftsman or Poulan

Pro.
I am only a beginner and I am not going to be cutting blanks 5 days of the
week. On the other hand buying a chain saw that would need replacement

soon
after may not be the best of investment. I would benefit from comments