Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Help on changing my (lathe) belt.

Ok, the time has come. My Jet 1442 has a frayed belt, and it's time
for new.

Who's done it before, and what did you learn, and will you share?

I'm leaning toward a link belt, primarily so that I don't have to
disassemble the power head. That looks formidible. Anyone got
reasons not to?

What's the best source for 3/8" wide link belt? Any suggestions
about tuning and adjustments needed after the replacement?

What else should I know before I break out the wrenches?

Thanks in advance.

Old Guy
Who let a piece of Osage orange get the better of him today.