Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Back on the newsgroup...

Hello to the group,

I'm glad to say that I'm back on the newsgroup... :-) I had been trying to
use Google to read this newsgroup on a Mac, but as most of us know that can
be a real bugger and is not without it's challenges. I've recently switched
to another newsreader, so I can once again enjoy visiting the newsgroup
without wading through all of the spam.

It's good to see some familiar names are still on the board and that this
group is still alive and kicking! :-) I'm still doing lots of experiments in
the studio as always, as well as writing quite a bit. The woodturning club I
started in The Woodlands, Texas (Lone Star Woodturners Association, Inc.) is
doing great and I'm working on my third book and fourth video, so I'm as
busy as ever. Glad to be back in the saddle here, take care!

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...
Steve Russell

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Woodturning Videos Plus wrote:
Hello to the group,

I'm glad to say that I'm back on the newsgroup... :-) I had been trying to
use Google to read this newsgroup on a Mac, but as most of us know that can
be a real bugger and is not without it's challenges. I've recently switched
to another newsreader, so I can once again enjoy visiting the newsgroup
without wading through all of the spam.

It's good to see some familiar names are still on the board and that this
group is still alive and kicking! :-) I'm still doing lots of experiments in
the studio as always, as well as writing quite a bit. The woodturning club I
started in The Woodlands, Texas (Lone Star Woodturners Association, Inc.) is
doing great and I'm working on my third book and fourth video, so I'm as
busy as ever. Glad to be back in the saddle here, take care!

Good to see you back here Steve. I lurk more than post anymore, but
check in most every day. Just never learned to like web based forums
but it seems that's where an awful lot of folks have gone. Or maybe
they're all just lurking...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Glad to see you back. Not much going on here nowadays except spam and
trolls though. I sure miss the good old days and lively discussions.

God Bless,
Al Kyder

On Jul 28, 10:13*am, Woodturning Videos Plus
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:28:25 -0700, Al Kyder wrote:

Glad to see you back. Not much going on here nowadays except spam and
trolls though. I sure miss the good old days and lively discussions.

Once again, stop reading via #@$%! Google and use a real news server like
aioe or eternal september. And a reader like Xnews or Pan or even
Thunderbird.

I saw 11 posts today and not a one was spam.

But yes, volume has gone down.

Also, look at Yahoo groups. As of just now, they show 65 groups related
to woodturning (I only checked the top 10 in membership). You can get
posts to those groups sent to you as email.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
Woodturning Videos Plus wrote:

Hello to the group,

I'm glad to say that I'm back on the newsgroup... :-) I had been trying to
use Google to read this newsgroup on a Mac, but as most of us know that can
be a real bugger and is not without it's challenges. I've recently switched
to another newsreader, so I can once again enjoy visiting the newsgroup
without wading through all of the spam.

It's good to see some familiar names are still on the board and that this
group is still alive and kicking! :-) I'm still doing lots of experiments in
the studio as always, as well as writing quite a bit. The woodturning club I
started in The Woodlands, Texas (Lone Star Woodturners Association, Inc.) is
doing great and I'm working on my third book and fourth video, so I'm as
busy as ever. Glad to be back in the saddle here, take care!

Steve, and other Mac users,

Check out http://www.macorchard.com/ Lots of free or shareware Mac apps
for email, browsers, usenet, etc. I especially like MT NewsWatcher