Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Totally Turning and Showcase video

Here are a couple links for video taken at my club's woodworking show
"Showcase," and at the "Totally Turning" event in Saratoga Springs, NY this
past weekend. There will be more to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQQ6daQ9MI
www.nwawoodworkingshow.com

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

Default He no Frank Klausz, but ....

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

Here are a couple links for video taken at my club's woodworking show
"Showcase," and at the "Totally Turning" event in Saratoga Springs, NY
this past weekend. There will be more to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQQ6daQ9MI
www.nwawoodworkingshow.com

I went to Saratoga Springs for Totally Turning and defected for a bit to
the flat side. I sat in on John's workshop on Hand Tool Regulation and
found it to be very informative and very well presented. He clearly
explained face/edge registration and dovetailing without complicated
layout lines like Frank Klausz does. John did first rate dovetailing,
perhaps not as quick as Frank. Hey, the guy was well prepared and so
confident that he brought his lovely kids along to the demo. A first rate
job.

NWA and Totally Turning is a first rate Symposium at a real comfortable
venue. Anyone in the Northeast should consider it for next year.

John, nice to finally meet you after all these years on the wRec.

Jerry
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

"A Lurker" wrote in message
"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

[...]

Blush.... Thanks Jerry, and yes, it is nice to meet long time participants
from the rec!

BTW, you forgot to mention I cut those lines-free dovetails with a 22" 12 pt
cross-cut panel saw for effect. ;~)

See you there next year!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 29, 9:41*pm, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
Here are a couple links for video taken at my club's woodworking show
"Showcase," and at the "Totally Turning" event in Saratoga Springs, NY this
past weekend. There will be more to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQQ6...orkingshow.com

Some of that stuff is breath taking. There's a lot of talent there. I
especially like some of the free form art. Could you point us to your
items? I'd like to see it.

Russ P.
Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:
Here are a couple links for video taken at my club's woodworking show
"Showcase," and at the "Totally Turning" event in Saratoga Springs, NY
this
past weekend. There will be more to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQQ6...orkingshow.com

Some of that stuff is breath taking. There's a lot of talent there. I
especially like some of the free form art. Could you point us to your
items? I'd like to see it.

Russ P.

Sure...

At about the 5 minute mark on the YouTube video there is an oak desk side
cabinet that my 14 year old son made last summer when he was 13. He did it
for his Woodworking Merit Badge. That project was the first time he used my
8" jointer, thickness planer, 3 HP cabinet saw, biscuit joiner, and Kreg
Screws. He used the 18" bandsaw previously... The top, doors and front edges
of the carcass are solid white oak that he took from rough sawn to finished.
He resawed oak to make the book matched panels for the doors. The rest of
the carcass is oak veneer ply.

Next to it is a Medieval Manor Model that my 12 year old made on the
bandsaw. It's all white pine.

At about 5 minutes 19 seconds is my knitting chest. Top and base are walnut
and the rest is white oak. Inside are three drawers with walnut fronts.
Another piece I entered only shows up as a corner in another shot... it was
an oak and walnut serving tray.

Now I need to come up with ideas for next year! LOL

John

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...

wrote:
[...]

More talent in any one peice then I can hope for. Maybe with another ten
years of making fine sawdust out of great woods

Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:41:58 -0400, the infamous "John Grossbohlin"
scrawled the following:

Here are a couple links for video taken at my club's woodworking show
"Showcase," and at the "Totally Turning" event in Saratoga Springs, NY
this
past weekend. There will be more to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQQ6daQ9MI

I never did understand how turning became so popular. I enjoyed the
rest of it, though. The joggling board cracked me up. Quite an
impressive variety of themes in that show.

www.nwawoodworkingshow.com

This link http://vimeo.com/user430662 takes you to a page that let's you
view either the NWA Showcase 2010: Show Prep video or the Showcase Capsule.