Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default He no Frank Klausz, but ....

"A Lurker" wrote in message
"John Grossbohlin" wrote in
m:

Here are a couple links for video taken at my club's woodworking show
"Showcase," and at the "Totally Turning" event in Saratoga Springs, NY
this past weekend. There will be more to come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQQ6daQ9MI
www.nwawoodworkingshow.com

I went to Saratoga Springs for Totally Turning and defected for a bit to
the flat side. I sat in on John's workshop on Hand Tool Regulation and
found it to be very informative and very well presented. He clearly
explained face/edge registration and dovetailing without complicated
layout lines like Frank Klausz does. John did first rate dovetailing,
perhaps not as quick as Frank. Hey, the guy was well prepared and so
confident that he brought his lovely kids along to the demo. A first rate
job.

NWA and Totally Turning is a first rate Symposium at a real comfortable
venue. Anyone in the Northeast should consider it for next year.

John, nice to finally meet you after all these years on the wRec.

Jerry

Blush.... Thanks Jerry, and yes, it is nice to meet long time participants
from the rec!

BTW, you forgot to mention I cut those lines-free dovetails with a 22" 12 pt
cross-cut panel saw for effect. ;~)

See you there next year!

John