Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Wood Stain

I have a box made of pine that I would like to make look like my new
furniture which is American Light Oak, can any one suggest a suitable dye or
stain.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Steve" wrote in message
I have a box made of pine that I would like to make look like my new
furniture which is American Light Oak, can any one suggest a suitable dye
or stain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It can be done, but not with a stain. It is done with a technique referred
to as "graining," It requires special tools and some practice. Generally,
it takes three coats: a ground coat, a toner, and a finish coat. The
"grain" is produced by dragging special combs through the toner while it is
drying.

Decent wood stain that actually penetrates the wood??? Calab Home Repair 5 May 13th 08 01:52 AM
Stupid question about wood stain (wood tint) Toller Woodworking 9 March 27th 07 04:16 AM
ZAR Wood Stain James Woodworking 12 December 8th 06 09:38 PM
Stain for Oak ply 7 wood Tom Woodworking 3 May 21st 06 01:55 PM
wood stain, pre-stain, clear coat questions peter Home Repair 5 May 24th 05 08:51 PM