Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Belts

I'm trying to find a drive belt for my Turncrafter Pro. I was
disappointed to find PSI didn't sell them. Anyone have any sources?

Drifter
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 1, 11:30 pm, Drifter wrote:
I'm trying to find a drive belt for my Turncrafter Pro. I was
disappointed to find PSI didn't sell them. Anyone have any sources?

Did you contact their customer service, either by email or calling?

-Kevin
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 1, 9:24*pm, wrote:
On Mar 1, 11:30 pm, Drifter wrote:

I'm trying to find a drive belt for my Turncrafter Pro. I was
disappointed to find PSI didn't sell them. Anyone have any sources?

Did you contact their customer service, either by email or calling?

-Kevin

Yes... no response yet
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

most belts are standard lengths and configurations - just go to the catalog
and get a part number - GATES is a good place to start

"Drifter" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a drive belt for my Turncrafter Pro. I was
disappointed to find PSI didn't sell them. Anyone have any sources?

Drifter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 2, 12:41 am, Drifter wrote:
On Mar 1, 9:24 pm, wrote:

On Mar 1, 11:30 pm, Drifter wrote:

I'm trying to find a drive belt for my Turncrafter Pro. I was
disappointed to find PSI didn't sell them. Anyone have any sources?

Did you contact their customer service, either by email or calling?

-Kevin

Yes... no response yet

You can try mcmaster.com, I think it uses a timing belt.

Mine came with an extra one in the box so you might have one hiding in
the shop somewhere.

-Kevin

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Drifter" wrote in message

I'm trying to find a drive belt for my Turncrafter Pro. I was
disappointed to find PSI didn't sell them. Anyone have any sources?

Drifter

I'm not 100% positive, but pretty sure that the Jet belts fit this
machine. If you belong to a club or have a Woodcraft nearby, you can
take your belt off and compare it to a Jet mini, and just get a belt
from Jet if it matches.

Robert
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Drifter" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a drive belt for my Turncrafter Pro. I was
disappointed to find PSI didn't sell them. Anyone have any sources?

Drifter

Or take the broken one to a decent autoparts or farm store, assuming
it's a typical V belt (not being specifically acquainted with what a
turncrafter pro is, and whether it has a weird drive belt). [Google
ensues] Penn state says 5 pulley steps, so I'm guessing it is a V belt.
Gack - yet another rip-off of (and paint color for) that bass-ackwards
tailstock mini-lathe design - whoever came up with that benighted piece
of crap first should be flattered (they are more probably deep in debt
to their laywers, but the blatant copies just keep coming...)

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote in message
"Drifter" wrote in message

I'm trying to find a drive belt for my Turncrafter Pro. I was
disappointed to find PSI didn't sell them. Anyone have any sources?

Drifter

I'm not 100% positive, but pretty sure that the Jet belts fit this
machine. If you belong to a club or have a Woodcraft nearby, you can
take your belt off and compare it to a Jet mini, and just get a belt
from Jet if it matches.

Robert

no one seems to have pointed it out yet - belts have numbers on them, and a
manufacturer - those can be a hint.

IF none, measure width of groove(s) in sheave, and total length and just
look it up - honest, it's not hard. The belt may be unobtainium when you
finally figure out what it is, but first find out what it is.

K-type v-belts Michael Koblic Metalworking 1 October 18th 08 10:50 PM
JVC VCR belts Tom Del Rosso[_3_] Electronics Repair 12 May 19th 08 08:24 AM
6 belts for sanders George UK diy 4 November 2nd 07 10:42 PM
melted vac belts [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 26th 07 08:56 PM
looking for small belts. Rex Metalworking 10 January 31st 05 07:42 PM