Posted to alt.home.repair

Default melted vac belts

I used my vacuum and the belt keep melting and atttaching itself the
the spindle - how do I remove the old belt(s)

Posted to alt.home.repair

A sharp razor knife usually works. Also, you may have to scape some
burned rubber off the shafts. Same tool. Check the bearing on the
brush, as the brush not turning was what likely caused the problem in
the first place. While you have the cleaner apart, clean out all the
lint, dog hair, string, etc., etc that is keeping the sucker from
rotating.