Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default segmented vase

Somewhere out there in the great cyberspace is a web site that described the
glue up procedure for a segmented vase that looks like it was turned off
center on the vertical axes. I was fascinated with the results and thought
I had it bookmarked. ---wrong!

It is hard to explain exactly the appearance. It was a vertically staved
vessel with alternating dark and light wood staves. The turned vase had
non-uniform thickness (around the circumference) staves giving the
appearance of being turned off center on the horizontal axes.

Anyone out there know where I can find this site again?

thanks
Paul Gilbert
Dallas, TX

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Paul Gilbert wrote:
Somewhere out there in the great cyberspace is a web site that described the
glue up procedure for a segmented vase that looks like it was turned off
center on the vertical axes. I was fascinated with the results and thought
I had it bookmarked. ---wrong!

It is hard to explain exactly the appearance. It was a vertically staved
vessel with alternating dark and light wood staves. The turned vase had
non-uniform thickness (around the circumference) staves giving the
appearance of being turned off center on the horizontal axes.

Anyone out there know where I can find this site again?

thanks
Paul Gilbert
Dallas, TX

How about the "lamination trickery" document on Malcom Tibbets' site?
Go to: http://www.tahoeturner.com/instructions.html
Clicking on the lower left image will result in the download of a 5MB
PDF file with instructions how...

--Rick

Some problems with my first vase Toller Woodturning 27 July 22nd 07 04:37 PM
Collapsible Vase? william kossack Woodturning 0 May 16th 07 02:34 PM
IKEBANA VASE J T Woodworking 2 August 16th 06 08:27 PM
New Vase Chuck Woodturning 8 December 19th 05 04:58 PM
When turning a vase derek smith Woodturning 8 April 19th 05 08:54 AM