Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Paul Gilbert[_2_] Paul Gilbert[_2_] is offline

Default segmented vase

Somewhere out there in the great cyberspace is a web site that described the
glue up procedure for a segmented vase that looks like it was turned off
center on the vertical axes. I was fascinated with the results and thought
I had it bookmarked. ---wrong!

It is hard to explain exactly the appearance. It was a vertically staved
vessel with alternating dark and light wood staves. The turned vase had
non-uniform thickness (around the circumference) staves giving the
appearance of being turned off center on the horizontal axes.

Anyone out there know where I can find this site again?

thanks
Paul Gilbert
Dallas, TX