Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Attempt 2 - Kids As Muses

tried earlier and failed to post this.

Off The Wall Project No. 206784.2
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...efPatties.html
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Nice Charlie.
Let's see... Fries with that, onion rings and a mug of root beer. Sounds
good.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
"charlieb" wrote in message
tried earlier and failed to post this.

Off The Wall Project No. 206784.2
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...efPatties.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

That is pretty darn neat.

Yeah, kids are great inventors. Not so much on the how to, but they can
really come up with great ideas.

JD (Kentucky)

--
He that will make a good use of any part
of his life must allow a large portion of it

"charlieb" wrote in message
tried earlier and failed to post this.

Off The Wall Project No. 206784.2
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...efPatties.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Great post, Charlie. Wonderful cure for rcw's 99 post summer doldrums.
A great lunch, but what about breakfast? Waiting for your short stack
topped with a melting butter cube and dripping syrup and a coffee cup
beside or maybe that jaundiced one eyed egg staring up at us from its
bed of toast? Ask those kids about dinner. We don't care if you do use
up your stash!

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

There's no salmonella in that tomato is there charlie? Beware the FDA
getting involved with our hobby.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Arch wrote:
... short stack topped with a melting butter cube
dripping syrup and a coffee cup beside

Sounds like there's a kid in there somewhere!

or
... that jaundiced one eyed egg staring up at us from its
bed of toast?

Yup - kid.

Ask those kids about dinner. We don't care if you do use
up your stash!

Definitely a kid - at heart.

Now I'm thinking about a bowl of Cheeri-Os, with slices of
banana, an english muffin with grape jelly and a cup of
coco - with whip cream.

Maybe a cup of alphabet soup with Ritz crackers on the side.

A pepperoni pizza, with mushroom slices (EVERYONE has turned
at least one mushroom - why not slice it up and use it as a
topping?).

A cherry pie, with a scoop of melting icecream on top.

This food thing could be a gold mine!

charlie b
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I'd be mining some of that potential gold, except for wondering who'll
be the first to throw cold water by accusing you of plagiarizing Denny's
menu or worse, of terrorist activity against the govt's war on obesity.

Seriously, please keep up the good work and share it. Only a few months
back, I heard footsteps. Now I can barely see you far out in front. Not
really jealous, more like being very impressed.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Arch:

Richard Feynman wrote a great book called Who Cares What Anybody Thinks.
Figure if that was good enough for him, and he certainly enjoyed the
hell out of life, in spite of being a brilliant nuclear and theoretical
physicist, . . .

As for being out in front of you - I may seem to be receding - but it's
actually that I've stepped off a cliff - again. What I lack in turning
techniques, I seem to be able to make up for with weird trains of
thought translated into objects made from wood.

John Lucas, over in WoodCentral's turning forum, provided a link to a
guy who has taken this Food Thing to places I'd have never thought of -
a Carrot Bomb?

http://www.craignutt.com/works/sculp.html

I figure one of these Thinking Outside The Box trips - will eventually
land me in a
Padded Cell - which has some interesting possibilities for pieces . . .

I hope this Burger stuff gets someone to try doing something that
doesn't require a tremendous amount of turning skill but merely
permission to let the imagination play. Sometimes it works, sometimes
it don't. But it's always fun.

I took The Burger to my oldests birthday barbeque. The 2 1/2 and 4 1/2
year old grand kids, and a 6 year old cousin spent over 45 minutes
playing with the parts, assembling them in some pretty funny
configurations. Then two teens, 14 and 19 got a hold of it and half an
hour an "adult" horned in on them and began putting together her
burger. The parts and plate kept moving around the table for another
hour or so with people from 40 to 79 stacking the parts the way each
felt they should go. One, a vegetarian used everything but the bacon
and the burgers. Seems to strike some basic cord with all ages.
Interesting.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

“Am working on getting the kid responsible for this thing to pose with
it - as a Car Hop. Maybe I'll airbrush a Belden Wood Grill Burgers T-
Shirt for her to wear.”

Instead of airbrush, try Avery Iron-on T-shirt Transfers – available
in light shirt and dark shirt versions both for use in ink-jet
printers; easy multiple copies, easy identically different copies.

Much nice stuff on the website, one of many that make me realize that
I have a looong way to go.

Brian