Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default EZ vs Hold Fast vacuum adaptors

The sealed bearing in my shopmade vacuum adaptor is no longer sealed and
it's too far to drive to get another. (translation, I'm too lazy) Any
advice re the E-Z vacuum adaptor and the Hold Fast for 25 bucks less?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:12:56 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

The sealed bearing in my shopmade vacuum adaptor is no longer sealed and
it's too far to drive to get another. (translation, I'm too lazy) Any
advice re the E-Z vacuum adaptor and the Hold Fast for 25 bucks less?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Arch.. what lathe are you using it on?

As to shop built with "sealed" bearings, I found that sealed bearings are great
for well pumps but suck (not in a good way) for air/vacuum..
It did help to smear a bit of Vaseline over the sealed races whenever the vacuum
fell off..

I bought the vac accessory from Nova when I bought the new lathe and I'm very
impressed with it.. especially since it was only $30..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Mac,
Thank you very much for reviving my question. Hopefully someone has
advice re both commercial adaptors. I want to order one or the other
this week.

I had cut two lengths of 3/8" tube to fit my
Nova 3K and Jet mini.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks for the great tip, Mac. Bet others will profit from it. Could
the Nova rotary valve be adapted to the Jet mini hand wheel?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

R.I.H. Effing Adaptors Weatherlawyer UK diy 28 December 10th 06 08:22 PM
Magnetic or vacuum hold down clamp?? BillyBob Woodworking 5 October 28th 05 12:27 AM
French Adaptors John UK diy 17 May 21st 05 11:57 AM
Adaptors Tony Electronics 3 August 4th 04 02:24 PM
BC to ES Lamp Adaptors . Stuart UK diy 8 January 31st 04 02:28 PM