Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default EZ vs Hold Fast vacuum adaptors

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:12:56 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

The sealed bearing in my shopmade vacuum adaptor is no longer sealed and
it's too far to drive to get another. (translation, I'm too lazy) Any
advice re the E-Z vacuum adaptor and the Hold Fast for 25 bucks less?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Arch.. what lathe are you using it on?

As to shop built with "sealed" bearings, I found that sealed bearings are great
for well pumps but suck (not in a good way) for air/vacuum..
It did help to smear a bit of Vaseline over the sealed races whenever the vacuum
fell off..

I bought the vac accessory from Nova when I bought the new lathe and I'm very
impressed with it.. especially since it was only $30..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing