Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default NiCads

A while back, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, someone posted a site where you
could send old battery packs to get them rebuilt. I thought that I had
saved it, but now can't find it. Does anyone remember ?

Thanks

--
Dan Kozar

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Dan Kozar" wrote in message
A while back, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, someone posted a site where you
could send old battery packs to get them rebuilt. I thought that I had
saved it, but now can't find it. Does anyone remember ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This may not be the same one, but it is what I have on file in my Palm:
WC Battery Rebuilders, 714 231-0271, e-mail

323 S Del Giorgio Rd, Anaheim, CA 94808

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I've used the following service with good luck. I feel their prices are
reasonable. We've a Batteries Plus in Bowling Green but I've not had good
luck with their service.

http://mtobattery.com/store/index.html

JD (Kentucky)

--
He that will make a good use of any part
of his life must allow a large portion of it

"Dan Kozar" wrote in message
A while back, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, someone posted a site where you
could send old battery packs to get them rebuilt. I thought that I had
saved it, but now can't find it. Does anyone remember ?

Thanks

--
Dan Kozar

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

If not radio shack - an RC shop has powerful ones.
Used in cars, boats and sail plains (gliders).

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

"Dan Kozar" wrote in message

A while back, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, someone posted a site where you
could send old battery packs to get them rebuilt. I thought that I had
saved it, but now can't find it. Does anyone remember ?
Thanks
--
Dan Kozar

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In message , JD
writes
If you are comfortable doing it, MTO sells you the cells and you can
rebuild your own battery. I've not tackled this, but it seems to be a
way of saving a bit of money.

JD

The biggest issue you may find is dependent on how the cells are to be
connected. If you need to solder to them you may need to use an active
flux, as normal tin/lead solder usually will not adhere effectively. You
will also need to use a high temperature iron, as the cell can be a good
heat sink. And finally, use the minimum time possible as the heat can
cause a cell to gas off or even explode.
(I managed a shop floor where we had to modify 15000 cell banks a month,
because they ordered too many, like a years worth. They saved a penny on
each one!)

--
John
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Dan Kozar wrote:
A while back, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, someone posted a site where you
could send old battery packs to get them rebuilt. I thought that I had
saved it, but now can't find it. Does anyone remember ?

Thanks

Was it "Primecell".

http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article BIobk.173$iU.158@trndny02, Nova
wrote:

Dan Kozar wrote:
A while back, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, someone posted a site where you
could send old battery packs to get them rebuilt. I thought that I had
saved it, but now can't find it. Does anyone remember ?

Thanks

Was it "Primecell".

http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm

Yes it was