Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Chair for back pain

Your right Mac.There is a Martial Arts newsgroup where this belongs.

Kevin
wrote in message
Tai Chi helps back pain because, despite it also being a marital art,
it is designed to enhance the body's resilience, improve flexibility,
keep your weight in check and help a person to an easier recovery from
injury, all in all a pretty good list of things.
Richards
http://www.back-pain-info-site.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I don't know about their chair, but I have been doing Thai Chi for
almost 2 years now, and it does really help. A bunch of nice
stretching exercises, some I can do whilt turning to relieve back
strain.
robo hippy

wrote in message

Tai Chi helps back pain because, despite it also being a marital art,
it is designed to enhance the body's resilience, improve flexibility,
keep your weight in check and help a person to an easier recovery from
injury, all in all a pretty good list of things.
Richards
http://www.back-pain-info-site.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:43:08 -0700 (PDT), robo hippy
wrote:

I don't know about their chair, but I have been doing Thai Chi for
almost 2 years now, and it does really help. A bunch of nice
stretching exercises, some I can do whilt turning to relieve back
strain.
robo hippy

Has it reduced your turning muscle any? *eg*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

I don't know about their chair, but I have been doing Thai Chi for
almost 2 years now, and it does really help. A bunch of nice
stretching exercises, some I can do whilt turning to relieve back
strain.
robo hippy

Has it reduced your turning muscle any? *eg*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Actually, the meditation tended to make mine larger (haven't done any
for 4 years, but spent about 4 years doing Yang style)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found athttp://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

It did little for my turning muscle, but helped my posture a lot. I
have been swimming a lot and eating less. Lost 20 plus, and 55 more to
go. Doc's orders, I have 2 bad hips, and one bad knee. They will have
to be replaced eventually, and this will help put it off a bit longer.
robo hippy

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found athttp://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:37:12 -0700 (PDT), robo hippy
wrote:

It did little for my turning muscle, but helped my posture a lot. I
have been swimming a lot and eating less. Lost 20 plus, and 55 more to
go. Doc's orders, I have 2 bad hips, and one bad knee. They will have
to be replaced eventually, and this will help put it off a bit longer.
robo hippy

Yeah, we did kinda look like matching beer kegs at that show..lol

Good for you on the weight loss, especially on the swimming.. You'll feel better
and have more energy...
Nan lost almost 100 pounds in a year by eating better and lots of exercise and
feels a lot better... Says it feels like she was carrying a bag of cement around
all day and finally dropped it..

I've got lots of friends that have had replacements, (goes with living in an old
folks area), and though some get them done in their 70's and even 80's, they all
say it's best to get them done sooner so that you recover quicker..
Then again, my buddy just got his hip replaced and was playing gold 5 weeks
later... He turned 70 right before his surgery..

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org