Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default It's official, the Lone Star Woodturners Assoc. is one of AAW'snewest chapters!

Hello to the group,

On February 4th, 2008 the AAW granted chapter status to the Lone Star
Woodturners Association in The Woodlands, Texas! I was honoured to be
elected President of the chapter for 2008 * 2009. We have a great set of
dedicated officers and directors in place to lead our club for the coming
year.

In the last few weeks, we have been busy getting everything in place to get
the chapter up and running, like getting a club logo, setting up a
newsletter, starting to build our club website, discussing locations for
meetings and a hundred other little thingsŠ

We will have a club "Open House" meeting on March 29th in The Woodlands,
quickly followed by three days of demonstrations at The Woodworking Shows
(April 4 * 6th) in the Reliant Centre. If you live in the North
Houston/Woodlands Texas area, or any of the surrounding areas in Montgomery,
Liberty, Walker, North Waller or San Jacinto counties and would like more
information about our club, please email me at:

Our website is still being developed, but there is a short information page
up with a link to our first newsletter and a membership application he

http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/lswa.html

Happy Birthday to the LSWA!

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website: http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com
Free Monthly Woodturning Newsletter * Your email is kept confidential
Sign up at: http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/lathe-talk.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:28:08 -0600, Steve Russell
wrote:

Congratulations, Steve..
I know you've been trying to make this happen for a while and have put a lot of
yourself into it..
Hope the club is active from the starting line and continues to be for many
years..

[...]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Congratulations!

I'll bet that will be a great club to be in. I wish you were a little
closer, but the 3 1/2 hour trip from San Antonio is just a little bit
long for me.

I hope you let us know how you guys are doing.

Best wishes and all that.

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Good job Steve and all the best !!
btw, purchase a specific URL for the club.
Max
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hello Mac,

Thanks! We're getting off to a very good start and we have a great group of
folks on the BOD. Take care and best wishes to you and yours!

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website: http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com
Free Monthly Woodturning Newsletter * Your email is kept confidential
Sign up at: http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/lathe-talk.html

wrote:

Congratulations, Steve..
I know you've been trying to make this happen for a while and have put a lot
of
yourself into it..
Hope the club is active from the starting line and continues to be for many
years..

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hello Robert,

Bummer! I wish you were closer as well, it would be great to meet you and
have you in our club. :-) I get down San Antonio way every now and then to
pick up some Mesquite. I'll contact you the next time I'm in the area and
maybe we can meet. I'll buy the drinks and lunch... :-) Take care and all
the best to you and yours!
--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website: http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com
Free Monthly Woodturning Newsletter * Your email is kept confidential
Sign up at: http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/lathe-talk.html

On 2/20/08 12:32 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

Congratulations!

I'll bet that will be a great club to be in. I wish you were a little
closer, but the 3 1/2 hour trip from San Antonio is just a little bit
long for me.

I hope you let us know how you guys are doing.

Best wishes and all that.

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hello Max,

Thanks! We're looking into domain names now for our official club site.
There are about a million things that need to be done to get a club up and
running, but we're making good progress. :-) Take care and best wishes to
you and yours!

On 2/21/08 12:39 AM, in article
, "Max63"
wrote:

Good job Steve and all the best !!
btw, purchase a specific URL for the club.
Max

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio, The Woodlands, Texas
Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries

Website:
http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com
Free Monthly Woodturning Newsletter * Your email is kept confidential
Sign up at: http://www.woodturningvideosplus.com/lathe-talk.html

TENNIS STAR SANIYA MIRZA CAUGHT ON CAM IN A FIVE STAR HOTEL INHYDREABAD [email protected] Woodworking 0 December 22nd 07 11:25 AM
PING - Mekon & LonE Sonny Woodworking 1 September 28th 06 02:05 AM
OT humor: Lone Ranger jo4hn Woodworking 2 March 22nd 06 01:13 PM