Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default support stands

Does anyone have any recommendations for tool rest support stands (free
standing) ?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Yes, they can be an accident waiting to happen.

Bill

Bob Daun wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for tool rest support stands
(free standing) ?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In the past I always used the one roller stands that always seem unstable.
Recently I purchased a Sears 3 roller stand that is a lot more stable and am
very happy with my purchase. It tilts just a little in front to allow the
board to catch the stand when adjusted right. I allways put a black magic
marker line on the leg for fast set-up with the initial of the machines I
use it for.

Tim

"Bob Daun" wrote in message
. net...
Does anyone have any recommendations for tool rest support stands (free
standing) ?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:01:00 -0500, tdup2 wrote:

In the past I always used the one roller stands that always seem unstable.
Recently I purchased a Sears 3 roller stand that is a lot more stable and am
very happy with my purchase. It tilts just a little in front to allow the
board to catch the stand when adjusted right. I allways put a black magic
marker line on the leg for fast set-up with the initial of the machines I
use it for.

Tim, reread the original post. The poster was asking about a support
stand for his tools, i.e. an outboard tool rest. NOT a support used for
infeed or outfeed.

Night Stands Don Cross Woodworking 1 December 3rd 06 02:23 PM
Night Stands Don Cross Woodturning 0 December 3rd 06 02:06 PM
Magnetic Indicator Stands Dave Metalworking 20 November 9th 05 11:25 PM
Roller Stands - What's the Best? Never Enough Money Woodworking 25 September 12th 05 01:57 PM
Car Stands from wood? jtaylor Metalworking 33 July 11th 05 08:20 PM