Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default tool bit for Oland tool - online source

Enco sells them for 2.20 each
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...MITEM=383-5751
while CME sells the same (?) for 0.55?
http://www.cme-tools.com/cgi-bin/sto...iew_records=Go
Other sources recommended or other steel grades?
thx

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

The 3/4" height (thickness?) by 1" wide x 6" length.
Seems you could make a handle and saw a slot and then use a ferrule threaded
for a tightening screw to hold one of these for a scraper tool.

Am I nuts? I realize they seem to have a lot of thickness. In some cases
might that be an advantage for rigidity?

TomNie

"Max63" wrote in message
oups.com...
Enco sells them for 2.20 each
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...MITEM=383-5751
while CME sells the same (?) for 0.55?
http://www.cme-tools.com/cgi-bin/sto...iew_records=Go
Other sources recommended or other steel grades?
thx

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I think they are 3/8" high, 1/4" wide and 3 " long (thats model
383-5751) selling at 2.20
Will require a 5/8 rod atleast

On 20 , 17:27, "Tom Nie" wrote:
The 3/4" height (thickness?) by 1" wide x 6" length.
Seems you could make a handle and saw a slot and then use a ferrule threaded
for a tightening screw to hold one of these for a scraper tool.

Am I nuts? I realize they seem to have a lot of thickness. In some cases
might that be an advantage for rigidity?

TomNie

"Max63" wrote in message

oups.com...

Enco sells them for 2.20 each
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...MK3&PMITEM=383...
while CME sells the same (?) for 0.55?
http://www.cme-tools.com/cgi-bin/sto...t&uid=default&...
Other sources recommended or other steel grades?
thx- -

- -