Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default PING - Owen Lowe how are you?

Owen,

Been thinking of you and how I haven't seen a post here in a long time. Just
hoping you're OK. Your email address bounced back.

TomNie

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sep 17, 7:34 pm, "Tom Nie" wrote:
Owen,

Been thinking of you and how I haven't seen a post here in a long time. Just
hoping you're OK. Your email address bounced back.

TomNie

Hello, Tom. You might try a ping over on the woodworking newsgroup as
he used to frequent that one more than here.

But a quick search reveals nothing on the usenet from him since last
February....

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Mac,
Seemed awful strange for his email to bounce me. I posted
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. arw and aw don't seem to have any
activity.

Hope nothing's wrong.
TomNie

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 17, 7:34 pm, "Tom Nie" wrote:
Owen,

Been thinking of you and how I haven't seen a post here in a long time.
Just
hoping you're OK. Your email address bounced back.

TomNie

Hello, Tom. You might try a ping over on the woodworking newsgroup as
he used to frequent that one more than here.

But a quick search reveals nothing on the usenet from him since last
February....

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

That was NOT Owen LOWE!
"BobS" wrote in message
Owen just made a post yesterday (or day before) about turning some short
legs on his short lathe.

Bob S.

"Tom Nie" wrote in message
Mac,
Seemed awful strange for his email to bounce me. I posted
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. arw and aw don't seem to have any
activity.

Hope nothing's wrong.
TomNie

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I know he is still around, saw him on AAW site a few days ago. Also
saw him up in Portland.
robo hippy

On Sep 19, 7:16 am, "BobS" wrote:
Opppps......

"No Way" wrote in message

That was NOT Owen LOWE!
.. .

"Tom Nie" wrote in message
Mac,
Seemed awful strange for his email to bounce me. I posted
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. arw and aw don't seem to have any
activity.

Hope nothing's wrong.
TomNie

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Ping: Tom Nie was: Owen Lowe how are you?

In article ,
"TonyM" tonym.le"at"comcast.net wrote:

Owen still logs into The Wows website so he is still turning. Just doesn't
come here.

Yeah, Owen's still around. He told me he just doesn't seem to have
enough time to keep up with all the messages. This fall he was hired
full-time as an Ed Assistant at the elementary school where he worked
part-time before. All the time spent prepping for teaching his kids
readin' and writin', editing the Northwest Woodturners newsletter (his
stint ends 50 days, 12 hours...) and just living life has not allowed
him much time keep caught up on the messages (thus his not answering
this thread when it appeared) much less to participate in the newsgroup.

Odd that an email wooda bounced... maybe Verizon recognized that Tom N.
was an undesirable character...

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Place a sign, easily seen as you switch on your lathe, warning you to remove any and all rings from your fingers. Called degloving, extended hardware can grab your ring and rip it off your finger. A pic for the strong of stomach: www.itim.nsw.gov.au/go/objectid/2A3AC703-1321-1C29-70B067DC88E16BFC/index.cfm

Besides, rings can easily mar the surface of a turning as you check for finished smoothness.