Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Source for tool steel

I have asked this question of Darrell Feltmate also and I am sure that
I will get good info from him, but I thought I would see what other
sources there are.

I want to make some of my own tools. I have found an easy source for
the actual bits, but I am still looking for the tool shafts. Any help
would be great.

Another question, I have not yet seen any of these athat are home
made, but, I can't help but wonder at how the shaft stock is drilled
for the bits. The bits are square stock and the shafts are round. Got
any ideas of how to get a square hole in a round bar?Thanks

Neil Larson