Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Link Belts

I have been following the thread on lathe abuse and one of the things that
struck me was the suggestion to use a link belt. I have a Myford mystro
lathe and changing the belt is a real hassle. Can anyone tell me what
type of link belt would be right for my lathe and where I could buy one in
the U.K.?

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Tom

What kind of belt do you have on your Myford lathe ??
If it's a V type belt, you need to measure the width of the belt,
common sizes are 3/8"-1/2" and 5/8"wide. and you then can use a link-
belt, You just need the length and width
If you have a flat or multi-V type belt you will not be able to use a
link belt.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum30.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Jul 28, 7:25 am, "Tom Dougall" wrote:
I have been following the thread on lathe abuse and one of the things that
struck me was the suggestion to use a link belt. I have a Myford mystro
lathe and changing the belt is a real hassle. Can anyone tell me what
type of link belt would be right for my lathe and where I could buy one in
the U.K.?

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Tom I returned a reply to your e-mail, but it bounced.

Yes it was as I thought I remembered, as my nephew in the Netherlands
has a fairly recent model Myford lathe, even though that is a metal
lathe, it has flat belts, and he was telling me the hassle it was
replacing the one belt, as it has two if I recall.
It would be so much easier if it had been a V-belt, to bad.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Link Belts & Pulleys oswin Woodworking 3 April 25th 05 05:25 PM
Link belts, are they REALLY noisy Alan W Woodworking 27 November 13th 04 03:40 PM
Link belts stretching? John Graser Woodworking 26 February 25th 04 12:25 AM
Link Belts George G Metalworking 6 January 12th 04 03:43 PM
link belts Paul Woodworking 3 December 12th 03 12:30 AM