Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Electrical problem on Myford Mystro

I would be most grateful if any one in the NG can help with suggestions or
advice on an electrical problem.
I recently bought a second hand Myford Mystro mark2.
It has a 3/4 hp 3 phase motor running off single phase through an inverter
with a 10 turn pot speed control. Every now and then the motor stalls for a
fraction
of a second then almost immediately comes back up to full speed.
Very disconcerting when doing a bit of delicate work and I am not sure if I
would ruin the motor if I carried on. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

look for an intermittant connection - possibly a cracked wire that goes from
controller to motor, possbly bad wire to 10 turn pot, or noisy pot, possibly
crack on circuit board

Electrical Problem hwb Home Repair 9 November 28th 06 02:53 AM
electrical problem? Please help. Remi Home Repair 10 September 15th 06 05:40 PM
electrical problem Phil Home Repair 5 December 7th 05 09:04 PM
Electrical problem Mogweed UK diy 41 November 14th 05 05:29 PM
Electrical Problem Steve Peake UK diy 7 July 12th 05 07:39 AM