Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
teranews teranews is offline

Default Electrical problem on Myford Mystro

look for an intermittant connection - possibly a cracked wire that goes from
controller to motor, possbly bad wire to 10 turn pot, or noisy pot, possibly
crack on circuit board

"Tom Dougall" wrote in message
I would be most grateful if any one in the NG can help with suggestions or
advice on an electrical problem.
I recently bought a second hand Myford Mystro mark2.
It has a 3/4 hp 3 phase motor running off single phase through an inverter
with a 10 turn pot speed control. Every now and then the motor stalls for
a fraction
of a second then almost immediately comes back up to full speed.
Very disconcerting when doing a bit of delicate work and I am not sure if
I would ruin the motor if I carried on. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom