Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default wood face plate

in the winter 2007 Woodturning Design there is an article on turning Xmax
ornaments. This guy made what was essentially a face plate by tapping a
thread in a wood circle.

Now I can think of a myriad of useful reasons to make wooden face plates.
However my Powermatic 3520B has a 1.25 x 8tpi head stock. Granger wanted
about $160 for that tap, which seems absurd.

Anyone used MDF to make face plates? Where can I get a 1.25" x 8 tpi tap
for less than the national debt?

Where to find new face plate for dishwasher? [email protected] Home Repair 8 August 19th 09 10:03 PM
Caulking around shower face plate? [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 20th 06 02:21 PM
Face Plate Bolts Pete Keillor Metalworking 5 November 27th 05 08:05 PM
Old Craftsman Lathe face plate needed Mike S. Woodturning 10 March 24th 05 07:23 AM
Face plate wanted Abrasha Metalworking 0 January 6th 05 07:30 PM