Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to find new face plate for dishwasher?

I want to change the look of my old dishwasher to match new stainless
steel appliances.

It seems that the color of our dishwasher is determined by a very thin
metal face plate and if I just buy some metal the right size and shape,
I can change the color to SS by swapping them.

Question is, what type of place would sell a piece of something like
that? I'm calling around but someone may know of a web site that can
handle this for a reasonable fee. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Barbie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, aftermarket panels are often available in stainless steel. I have
seen them available online. I can even buy one for mine if I want.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try here. http://www.repairclinic.com/ They are good to deal
with and ship promptly. I have ordered from them several
times.

Frank

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to change the look of my old dishwasher to match new
stainless
steel appliances.

It seems that the color of our dishwasher is determined by
a very thin
metal face plate and if I just buy some metal the right
size and shape,
I can change the color to SS by swapping them.

Question is, what type of place would sell a piece of
something like
that? I'm calling around but someone may know of a web
site that can
handle this for a reasonable fee. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Barbie

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 6 Dec 2006 15:05:48 -0800, "terry"

Yes, aftermarket panels are often available in stainless steel. I have
seen them available online. I can even buy one for mine if I want.

.
Even seen them wallpapered to 'match' the kitchen wall paper!
Another where the panel had been covered over with imitation wood grain

Hey, my great great grandparents had a wood dishwasher. This was
before electricity so it was powered by a coal fire and steam.

'MacTac'!
Both 'yuck'!

Our old one reverting to white has now lost both of the two two-sided
slide in panels that originally came with it. Gee never thought about
but that means the d.washer must be at least 25 years old!

IIRC the four alternative colour choices were, Harvest Gold, Avocado

I've got harvest gold! I like it. I don't think the stove will ever
break, but if the refrigerator breaks, I'll have to get a new stove,
and change the color of the dishwasher. And I usually forget the
range hood. Maybe I can just take that out and paint it. Heck, I'll
paint the stove too.

In Brooklyn NY, I found a clothes washer in the trash, and the white
paint was chipped or rusty, and I used white epoxee spray paint**, and
it was as if it had been painted at the factory. It was a beautiful
matching finish, and it didn't wear or chip in the 5 years I had the
thing. I really couldn't believe how nice it was.

**It was only the top part. I must have removed it and taken it
outside.

Green, a sort of cream/off white and ???? . And of course the white of
the underlying front panel of the door. Five colours in all?
It would be very easy to obtain a thin stainless steel panel of the
same size and slip it in!

Not that I'll bother with a machine that age! It roars into life a
couple of times a week and even minus the upper spray arm, removed to
give more height clearance when we were running a small catering
outfit, over ten years ago now, it washes fine. Only had to repair it
two three times over the years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

neondanger had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...er-173038-.htm
:
I recently had a similar problem and after looking around the web I found
a site called Appliance Art (http://www.applianceart.com). They have
dishwasher covers that look like stainless but were cheaper than actual
stainless. I'm happy with the result, it might be what you're looking for.

wrote:

I want to change the look of my old dishwasher to match new stainless
steel appliances.

It seems that the color of our dishwasher is determined by a very thin
metal face plate and if I just buy some metal the right size and shape,
I can change the color to SS by swapping them.

Question is, what type of place would sell a piece of something like
that? I'm calling around but someone may know of a web site that can
handle this for a reasonable fee. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Barbie

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Caulking around shower face plate? [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 20th 06 03:21 PM
Face Plate Bolts Pete Keillor Metalworking 5 November 27th 05 09:05 PM
Old Craftsman Lathe face plate needed Mike S. Woodturning 10 March 24th 05 08:23 AM
Face plate wanted Abrasha Metalworking 0 January 6th 05 08:30 PM
Rotating Face Plate on Tail Stock Tom Storey Woodturning 4 December 31st 04 04:49 AM