Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default vacuum pump anyone

several folks from the NG have asked me for a 110V vacuum pump - I was just
able to pick up one pump that is in a nice enclosure - it's a commercial
fume extraction pump that is used as part of a soldering station - it pulls
23 inches of vacuum which is plenty for all but the smallest turnings - if
you are interested, please navigate to my web page (below) and click on
vacuum pumps - this new one is the first one shown in the table. Shipping
will be $20 to $30 by UPS ground. Since it was designed to sit near a user,
it is pretty quiet - you will need to add a filter (I have these) to it of
course, and I'd replace the sound deadening foam inside since it's getting
soft and sticky (I removed some of it, but not all) - once foam rubber goes
bad and gets sticky, it gets all over everything and makes a real mess.
Cosmetic condition is good, not perfect, and there is a crack in the outer
sheath of the power cord (I wouldnt' bother replacing it)

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email

wil lia m_b_n obl e at msn daught com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

ok, this pump is sold. I'll keep looking for more.

"William Noble" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

another vacuum pump FA William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Woodturning 17 May 11th 06 06:23 AM
Vacuum Pump Tom Storey Woodturning 2 May 3rd 06 07:22 AM
VACUUM PUMP J T Woodworking 0 September 13th 05 09:46 AM
VACUUM PUMP J T Woodworking 4 August 16th 05 08:41 PM
vacuum pump [email protected] Electronics Repair 10 April 12th 05 06:38 PM