Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default vacuum pump anyone

ok, this pump is sold. I'll keep looking for more.

"William Noble" wrote in message
.. .
several folks from the NG have asked me for a 110V vacuum pump - I was
just able to pick up one pump that is in a nice enclosure - it's a
commercial fume extraction pump that is used as part of a soldering
station - it pulls 23 inches of vacuum which is plenty for all but the
smallest turnings - if you are interested, please navigate to my web page
(below) and click on vacuum pumps - this new one is the first one shown in
the table. Shipping will be $20 to $30 by UPS ground. Since it was
designed to sit near a user, it is pretty quiet - you will need to add a
filter (I have these) to it of course, and I'd replace the sound deadening
foam inside since it's getting soft and sticky (I removed some of it, but
not all) - once foam rubber goes bad and gets sticky, it gets all over
everything and makes a real mess. Cosmetic condition is good, not
perfect, and there is a crack in the outer sheath of the power cord (I
wouldnt' bother replacing it)

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email