Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Penmakers: I dropped my tray of bushings! Help.

I stored all my various bushing sets for different pens in a labeled
plastic compartment case. I DROPPED IT and bushings went every where.
I think I have them all found but now I don't know what bushing goes
with what pen!

Any suggestions? Start over and buy new ones? I do own a micrometer.
Do you think it is possible to match them up again to the correct pen
sets?

Thanks in advance.

TexGEOas

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

TexGEOas wrote:
I stored all my various bushing sets for different pens in a labeled
plastic compartment case. I DROPPED IT and bushings went every where.
I think I have them all found but now I don't know what bushing goes
with what pen!

Any suggestions? Start over and buy new ones? I do own a micrometer.
Do you think it is possible to match them up again to the correct pen
sets?

Thanks in advance.

TexGEOas

Tex,
First of all, let me say my heart goes out to you. I've always been
afraid the same thing would happen to me.
So when I first started, I measured all my bushings and put them in a
file on my HD.
There's about 25 or so sets listed.
If you can open Claris Draw, I'd be happy to send you a copy.
It lists primarily three manufacturers, Hut, Craft Supply, and
Woodcraft.
I used a micrometer to measure them, so they should be accurate within
..001" or so.
Let me know if I can help.
Tom Weber

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

TexGEOas wrote:
I stored all my various bushing sets for different pens in a labeled
plastic compartment case. I DROPPED IT and bushings went every where.
I think I have them all found but now I don't know what bushing goes
with what pen!

Any suggestions? Start over and buy new ones? I do own a micrometer.
Do you think it is possible to match them up again to the correct pen
sets?

I was afraid of the same thing. I put each set in a plastic tube

with a cap on it. I got mine at Woodcraft, but small pill bottles would
work as well. As to matching them up, you could use the pen parts
themselfs to match up the bushings.

--

Richard,

Richard L. Rombold
WIZARD WOODWORKING
489 N. 32nd. St.
Springfield, Or .97478

Take a look at my mess and work.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...ername=thewizz

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I keep each set of bushings in a small pill bottle. When my collection gets
to where I need to manage it I'll build a compartmented box for the bottles.
If you're young you can get the bottles from a Pharmacist. When you get to
be my age you'll have lots of pill bottles laying around.

"TexGEOas" wrote in message
ups.com...
I stored all my various bushing sets for different pens in a labeled
plastic compartment case. I DROPPED IT and bushings went every where.
I think I have them all found but now I don't know what bushing goes
with what pen!

Any suggestions? Start over and buy new ones? I do own a micrometer.
Do you think it is possible to match them up again to the correct pen
sets?

Thanks in advance.

TexGEOas

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I was afraid of that also until a friend of ours that does jewerl,y showed
me one of her storage boxes. If you go to the bead section of a craft
store, like Micheals, they have a two row plastic box and each row has a
button on the end that will unlock that section of lids only. Then each
compartment in that row has an individual lid that you have to pop open, so
its like a double lock. There are a couple of different sizes. It works
great, I put one set of bushing per compartment.

Hope this helps

ups.com...

Fitting a shower tray Barnsey UK diy 0 November 15th 06 01:43 PM
Leaking coram watergard shower tray in stud alcove anon UK diy 7 May 20th 06 01:24 PM
Whats the best way to fit shower tray Derek Doormer UK diy 7 December 22nd 04 01:31 PM
AIWA cd tray removal howto (NSX-V70) Dave Botsch Electronics Repair 2 July 6th 04 04:17 AM
Help bedding in a shower tray Martin UK diy 1 January 6th 04 02:31 AM