Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Playing with texturing tool

Started using my home made texturing tool as described by Darrell
Feltmate. Pictures on ABPW. The bowls are Bradford Pear. It is a hard
wood, fine grained with little grain character.

I finished the outside first, leaving the inside to minimize vibration
until after doing the texturing. I sanded through 320, did the texture
band then started with 400 finishing with 600 grit.

On the second two, after texturing I sprayed lightly with delft laquer
sanding sealer. After drying, acrylic artist color was painted over the
textured band and dried. Then I evened the border of the band with a
small scraper and finished as above.

I used the sanding sealer to prevent the paint from penetrating the wood.

This is fun!
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Above all things, revere yourself.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Nice Gerald. It looks like a lot of work. That is the beauty of the tool.
Just a few seconds and done :-)

______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
[...]

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Making texturing tool Gerald Ross Woodturning 0 September 30th 06 06:31 PM
Trouble with cut-off operation on lathe Jim Reed Metalworking 16 May 18th 06 05:49 PM
What is that tool? John McLean UK diy 0 May 1st 06 10:23 AM
drive pin on R8 collets Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 50 July 9th 04 05:41 AM
Leatherman Tool Henry E Schaffer Woodworking 13 August 27th 03 06:17 AM