Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Head's up!

Just a quick head's up here folks. I just got a new wheel dresser from Lee
Valley and it seems to be great. I have only used it the once but it looks
like it should last and do a great job. I dressed the grinder and tried it
on a couple of gouges and the results are great. One warning. This thing is
36 grit and produces dust like nobody's business. Be cautioned. The surface
on the stone and on the tool are great.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,55075&p=55075
This is going to be a steal at the full price. At the sale price it is
fantastic.

NO affilation and all that but a satisfied customer.
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
...I just got a new wheel dresser from Lee
Valley and it seems to be great.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,55075&p=55075
This is going to be a steal at the full price. At the sale price it is
fantastic...

This looks exactly like the model sold by PSI
(http://www.pennstateind.com/store/grindds.html) just for a much
cheaper price - which is a first for LV - I own the one from PSI (it
was the cheapest to buy at the time), and it works great as well. the
head is held by a thread to the handle and tends to come off, but if
you notice it it is no problem to return it to place.

Happy turning,
Moshe

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 18:53:18 +0000, Darrell Feltmate wrote:

Just a quick head's up here folks. I just got a new wheel dresser from Lee
Valley and it seems to be great.

Looks great -- $3.95 is definitely THE price to beat on something like
this. But not for me ... there isn't anything else I need to order from
them at the moment and the shipping charge would wipe out any possible
savings.

Sadly I ordered from them just a couple days ago ... too late to toss this
in the same box and too soon to order anything else.

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I hear you Bill. Shipping is the killer in mail order or e-mail order for
that matter. I needed some CA and this just jumped out at me. The shipping
is chaper than the gas to go to the store.
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"Bill" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 18:53:18 +0000, Darrell Feltmate wrote:

Just a quick head's up here folks. I just got a new wheel dresser from

Lee
Valley and it seems to be great.

Looks great -- $3.95 is definitely THE price to beat on something like
this. But not for me ... there isn't anything else I need to order from
them at the moment and the shipping charge would wipe out any possible
savings.

Sadly I ordered from them just a couple days ago ... too late to toss this
in the same box and too soon to order anything else.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:00:09 +0000, Darrell Feltmate wrote:

I hear you Bill. Shipping is the killer in mail order or e-mail order for
that matter. I needed some CA and this just jumped out at me. The shipping
is chaper than the gas to go to the store.
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Yeah ... I'm getting ready to place a bulk order for CA since the local
Woodcraft only wants to stock those nuisance 2 oz bottles.

OTOH ... I AM due for a couple 4" faceplates .... ;-)