Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Bird watching at the craft show

It's fall again, at least up north, and the birds are heading south.
Here's a few I
spotted around the craft shows this week:

The -Dull witted Nincompoop- chirping
" boy I must be a millionaire with all that junk in my attic back home
same as you are trying to sell here".

The -Self Righteous Blame the Artist- squeaking "For heaven's sake why
would a turner desecrate nature's wood with satan's paints and
decorations?"

The -The know Nothing stupid Husband_ braying "That's easy to do, I'll
make one for you next week when I get the time".

The -Unsupervised Fledglings- Running around with your best thin walled
HF.

The -Distracted Momma Bird- "Now you kids put that vase down....please"

The -Red necked pograde- " My velvet pictures and pink flamingos are
purtier than that there pink ivory and ebony useless stuff".

The -Time Consuming Sales Loser" I love to talk about woodturning so
I'll just sit down with you and light up a cigar".

The -Clumsy Coffee and Mustard Spiller-
Leaving a trail of greasy "excuse me's" in every booth of the show.

The -Boring Non Buyer- Droning on and on about the lathe "I used in
high school shop" while all the customers leave.

The -obnoxious Butt-in Lout- Smiling a "Pardon me for butting in, but
you can buy that same bowl cheaper at Target".
***************************************
Musing if some of you have spotted any early snowbirds this week.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Don Don is offline

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:55:24 -0400, (Arch) wrote:
Also seen are" I'll be backs" wish i had a nickle for each one of
those.
and "nice work" as they leave the booth
and "nice work but i'm downsizeing" after handling everything and
having just left a hand cream booth next door.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Arch" wrote in message
The -Time Consuming Sales Loser" I love to talk about woodturning so
I'll just sit down with you and light up a cigar".

These are the ones I really enjoy. Only thing more fun than making change
is talking wood. I've picked up some good stuff over a mooched cigar and a
bit of talk in the back of the booth. Keeps them out of the way of the
browsers, too.

Bird feeder designs Scott Woodworking 3 November 2nd 05 05:38 PM
BIRD FLU PANDEMIC FEARS MOUNT - CONTINGENCY PLANS ESSENTIAL!' [email protected] UK diy 10 October 7th 05 11:25 AM
Men, Metal & Machines - Visalia Show Report Leigh Knudson Metalworking 8 November 2nd 03 07:52 PM