Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Musing about the other FAQ list (frequently argued questions)

,,,or maybe a list of IAQs (infrequently asked questions) would serve us
best. It would certainly be shorter, probably less polarizing, but also
less fun.

There was a time when 'cut vs scrape' was the only hotly contested
question for the few woodturners around. (Well maybe ball bearings vs
sleeves hadn't quite been settled.) Of course there were no web
forums, magazines, web sites and blogs that needed repeated fill ups of
wadding in order to prosper or in the case of rcw and other forums to
survive. Musing is probably the purist form of wadding, but the question
arises: should musings best be on a blog instead of burdening a ng?
I'll leave that one for another day and get on with our Frequently
Argued Questions.

I suspect that most of these FAQs aren't arguments. More likely they
are wadding,
just 'OTOH considerations' with a valid place for both sides according
to the situation. We are a list making species so I'll list some of the
wadding rcw needs in the horse race for survival. I'm sure you can
parade others in the paddock.

They are in the starting gate. Grind vs hone is in the lead with
freehand vs jigs just behind. 60 grit vs 100 is back in the pack. On
the outside is thin vs thick walls, finials vs collars and are our bowls
safe to eat. Closing fast on the rail are pin chucks vs spur centers and
the young filly, stick on labels vs cards. Bringing up the rear is
starting with best vs easily affordable tools and perfection vs sloppy.
A dead heat? No way. ART vs CRAFT, the favorite, wins by two lengths!

These hot, humid dog days do bring out my doggerel.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hey Bill, Thanks for entering your nags. Maybe they were scratched or
are in the second race.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Make thousands with just 6 dollars! It really works! [email protected] Home Ownership 0 August 2nd 05 05:38 PM
cash inmediatly/ cancela tus deudas maggie Home Ownership 0 July 18th 05 09:32 PM
I made a lot of money doing this! Nothing to lose! [email protected] Woodturning 4 January 27th 05 12:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Amazing Cash Flow Cashflowstoday Home Ownership 0 January 7th 04 09:45 PM