Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Shopsmith adapter for Oneway 4 jaw chuck

I used to turn on a Shopsmith many years ago and used a Oneway scroll
chuck. When I got my Nova 3000 I replaced the adapter for it with one
that fits the Nova. The Shopsmith adapter is just sitting in my shop,
useless to me, but probably good for someone. Anybody interested? Drop
me a line off list if so...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Kevin Miller wrote:
I used to turn on a Shopsmith many years ago and used a Oneway scroll
chuck. When I got my Nova 3000 I replaced the adapter for it with one
that fits the Nova. The Shopsmith adapter is just sitting in my shop,
useless to me, but probably good for someone. Anybody interested? Drop
me a line off list if so...

...Kevin

Kevin do you still have your Shopsmith and if you do, Do you use it?
Not interested in buying it, I have one of my own .
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:07:38 -0800, Kevin Miller
wrote:

I used to turn on a Shopsmith many years ago and used a Oneway scroll
chuck. When I got my Nova 3000 I replaced the adapter for it with one
that fits the Nova. The Shopsmith adapter is just sitting in my shop,
useless to me, but probably good for someone. Anybody interested? Drop
me a line off list if so...

...Kevin

Kevin... I know I'm cheap, but I kept my SS adapter..

Right now, it's on an old motor with a 5/8" shaft.... very common shaft size, it
seems...
I have a small sanding disk bolted to the 4 chuck mounting holes at the moment
but it has been used for many "odd" jigs and things, including an attempt at a
shop-made honing wheel.....
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ralph Fedorak wrote:
Kevin Miller wrote:
I used to turn on a Shopsmith many years ago and used a Oneway scroll
chuck. When I got my Nova 3000 I replaced the adapter for it with one
that fits the Nova. The Shopsmith adapter is just sitting in my shop,
useless to me, but probably good for someone. Anybody interested? Drop
me a line off list if so...

...Kevin

Kevin do you still have your Shopsmith and if you do, Do you use it? Not
interested in buying it, I have one of my own .

No - I sold it several years aog. So much happier with standalone
tools. The SS was great when I had more limited space and I had many a
fun moment with it, but I also used to hate the tiny tilting table and
funky fence. I'm spoiled now...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Registered Linux User No: 307357
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

I used to turn on a Shopsmith many years ago and used a Oneway scroll
chuck. When I got my Nova 3000 I replaced the adapter for it with one
that fits the Nova. The Shopsmith adapter is just sitting in my shop,
useless to me, but probably good for someone. Anybody interested? Drop
me a line off list if so...

...Kevin

Kevin... I know I'm cheap, but I kept my SS adapter..

Right now, it's on an old motor with a 5/8" shaft.... very common shaft size, it
seems...
I have a small sanding disk bolted to the 4 chuck mounting holes at the moment
but it has been used for many "odd" jigs and things, including an attempt at a
shop-made honing wheel.....

Hmmm. Maybe I'm just not being creative enough! Sounds like little
goes to waste in your shop...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Registered Linux User No: 307357

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

I used to turn on a Shopsmith many years ago and used a Oneway scroll
chuck. When I got my Nova 3000 I replaced the adapter for it with one
that fits the Nova. The Shopsmith adapter is just sitting in my shop,
useless to me, but probably good for someone. Anybody interested? Drop
me a line off list if so...

...Kevin

Kevin... I know I'm cheap, but I kept my SS adapter..

Right now, it's on an old motor with a 5/8" shaft.... very common shaft size, it
seems...
I have a small sanding disk bolted to the 4 chuck mounting holes at the moment
but it has been used for many "odd" jigs and things, including an attempt at a
shop-made honing wheel.....

Hmmm. Maybe I'm just not being creative enough! Sounds like little
goes to waste in your shop...

...Kevin

For sure.. what doesn't get used in a project is firewood or garage sale
stuff...

On the Oneway adapter for the SS, I saw this nicely machined piece that had the
set screw and mounting holes and knew it had to have lots of uses...

Hmm... might be fun to turn some hardwood pulleys or sanding drums for it,
too...