Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Musing off topic re big words when I should be turning off center.

Been attending some so called "public input" meetings lately and learned
the latest buzz word that's rolled off the tongues of our local
bureaucrats and assorted 'suck up suits'. The word is.... (drum
roll).... "CHARRETTE". Don't it sound impressive? Great for working
into our posts along with "chatoyance" and "proprioception". With
Webster's help and my ignorance, I gather it means: "An intensive
planning session where citizens are provided a forum to suggest ideas
for our leaders to ignore". Off topic for a woodturning forum, you say?
Judging by some recent threads, this COC wonders.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Turning Cherry Bowls - The process in words & pictures (Not yEnc this time) rockhound Woodturning 4 March 18th 05 08:20 PM
Turning Cherry Bowls - The process in words & pictures (Not yEnc this time) rockhound Woodworking 0 March 18th 05 09:01 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Turning tool tuning tools Stephen M Woodworking 1 February 25th 04 04:15 PM