Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Default Bill Grumbine's Personal Space is going away

Greetings all

Okay, now I may have your attention. The bad news is, it is going away, but
the good news is, it is going somewhere else. I have been with my current
ISP since 1997, eons in internet time where people change ISPs like they
change their clothes. (editorial note: we do not need to press this analogy
any further!) We have been very happy with their service, however there is
one problem. Because of our location and the recalcitrance of the phone
company, the chances of getting DSL to our area are about the same as Paris
Hilton developing a sense of modesty and good taste. As my business
continues to expand on the internet, I find that more and more I could
really use high speed access. So, we are moving to the cable company, which
does offer high speed access available in our area.

The good news is, all the woodworking content that has been available on my
personal site will still be available on my commercial site,
www.wonderfulwood.com. The rest of it will be available once I get my new
personal space (I have to keep that picture you know!) up and running. Once
that happens I will post a link for anyone interested, as well as put it on
the commercial site.

Over the years I have gotten many thousands of visitors, and probably
thousands of emails regarding this site. Most of them have been good. I
can literally count the bad ones on one hand and still have a few fingers
left. I appreciate the many kind things that many of you have said to and
about me regarding my site, and I am posting this here so that those of you
who are interested will have the chance to make the switch without wondering
if I died or something.

I don't know how soon the switch will come, but it is in the works. It
won't be in the next few days. In the next few months is more likely. My
webmistress SWMBO has lots of other stuff to do right now, and I have a
movie to make! Plus, I have personal appearances from WI to VA to do over
the next couple of months, so I am gonna be a ramblin' man. And I have
rambled enough here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine

www.wonderfulwood.com
www.enter.net/~ultradad

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
billh

"Bill Grumbine" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for letting us in on the big picture. Hope it all goes smoothly.
billh

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 08:57:10 -0500, "Bill Grumbine" wrote:

DSL? CABLE?
BROADBAND??

damn, Bill... welcome to the 90's.. *lol*

Once you're on cable, you'll never be happy with anything else... YMMV

[...]

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis