Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
moggy

Default hollowing tools

First post for a very long time.
Which would you recommend?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Rubenstein

What do you want to do? Big, small, what kind of lathe,...

Bill

moggy wrote:
First post for a very long time.
Which would you recommend?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Moggy

Yes it's been a while, hope you are doing fine.
Hollow turning tools are for the most part scrapers, if we are talking
turning hollow forms, strictly speaking, bowls plates and vases etc.
are all hollow, but I assume we are thinking hollow forms.
Depending on how big you want to go you need/want different tools, like
a captured system, or just a hand held swan neck tool.
Go to Darrell Feltmate's website and he has a lot of good info on
turning also hollow turning and making tools for hollow turning and
more
http://www.aroundthewoods.com
Also a look at some of the different tools available,
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,330&p=49232

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo