Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
william kossack

Default thinking of boiling

I was in Home depot and noticed some electric turkey fryers next to the
propane fryers. One of the things that has kept me from going the route
of boiling blanks is the issue of keeping a bottle of propane around.
Has anyone used one of the electric fryers?
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Chuck

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 09:57:15 -0700, william kossack
wrote:

One of the things that has kept me from going the route
of boiling blanks is the issue of keeping a bottle of propane around.
Has anyone used one of the electric fryers?

No, but why the propane phobia? Should be perfectly safe, as long as
you keep the valve off when not in use. Even if you've got young 'uns
around, you can use a cable bicycle lock to keep the valve from being
turned on when it's unattended. Heckuva lot cheaper to run than
electric.
--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com