Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
WillR

Default Craftsman Lathe - 113.228360?

JJ wrote:
I have never never turned anything on a lathe, but now that I am
retired, I've been wanting to add a lathe to my shop. I have a chance to
pick up a Craftsman 113.228360 12" x 37" wuth a stand and some basic
tools for $150. Is this a decent price for a decent lathe? Wil I be able
to tirn a bowl on this thing?

Looking for comments, particularly from owners.

Thanks in advance.

-jj

try news:rec.crafts.woodturning

You might be able to tern, or tirn,or even turn... or whatever.

It's a decent price -- I don't know if it is a decent lathe. Are they
high speed steel or carbon steel tools? HSS steel is generally better.
That would be a good price for a set of HSS tools -- even good carbon
tools are about $60 to $120 for a good set.

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art