Bob Woofter

Default Looking for Taylor tool

I'm looking for one or more used or new Taylor, Freud, Marples or other quality tools for turning. A life-long woodworker, I'm new to woodturning and can use just about everything. If you have anything to spare, including advice, please drop me an email at .

Thanks,

Bob
Barry N. Turner

What about Sorby? Or Crown? Hamlet? Buck? Most people would consider
these brands to be quality brands. Don't restrict yourself too much. You
might miss some really good tools.

Barry

"Bob Woofter" wrote in message
I'm looking for one or more used or new Taylor, Freud, Marples or other

quality tools for turning. A life-long woodworker, I'm new to woodturning
and can use just about everything. If you have anything to spare, including
advice, please drop me an email at .

Thanks,

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Barry N. Turner" wrote:

What about Sorby? Or Crown? Hamlet? Buck? Most people would consider
these brands to be quality brands. Don't restrict yourself too much. You
might miss some really good tools.

As I understand it, though no experience of my own, the Buck brand of
today is a cheap interpretation of the Buck tools of a couple decades
ago. From what I've gathered, Buck is not much better or worse than the
Homier traveling tool show offerings.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.