Arch

Default ....and from dust, I shall return. I have faith, but I need helpnow!

I've been a bad woodturner and true redneck during the aftermath of the
hurricane and have let my shop and everything in it get covered with a
heavy layer of red mahogany dust.

The shop is a double garage with a door into the house, one side window
and a wide garage door. It contains Lori's washer & dryer.

How would y'all clean up this mess to return my shop and my marriage to
domestic tranquility? NOT in that order.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Greg G.

Arch said:

I've been a bad woodturner and true redneck during the aftermath of the
hurricane and have let my shop and everything in it get covered with a
heavy layer of red mahogany dust.

The shop is a double garage with a door into the house, one side window
and a wide garage door. It contains Lori's washer & dryer.

How would y'all clean up this mess to return my shop and my marriage to
domestic tranquility? NOT in that order.

Plastic lawn/leaf bags over the washer/dryer and a leaf blower comes
to mind - Insidious things, though. I really hate 'em. The blower,
not the wife... g

Otherwise a long, extended session with a shop-vac and a cartridge
filter.

FWIW,

Greg G.

Jo-Anne & Edward Tabachek

Arch
Any way you approach this problem, is going to be expensive. First:
Something for SWMBO,. I recommend feminine; chocolates? frilly clothes?
spa treatment? dinner at favorite restaurant? Washer and dryers are very
important equipment to wives and you have disrespected them, not good.

Second: the garage; here is a chance to splurge on a state of the art dust
collector and piping system, we are talking cyclone here. Add a top of the
line shopvac, after all, it IS needed to help clean up the present mess.

Good luck
Edward

mac davis

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:58:01 -0500, (Arch) wrote:

I've been a bad woodturner and true redneck during the aftermath of the
hurricane and have let my shop and everything in it get covered with a
heavy layer of red mahogany dust.

The shop is a double garage with a door into the house, one side window
and a wide garage door. It contains Lori's washer & dryer.

How would y'all clean up this mess to return my shop and my marriage to
domestic tranquility? NOT in that order.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Arch.. I had a similar problem last summer with dust from sanding pine bowls
with a clogged DC hose..

I got 3 large fans from the house and put them across the back of the garage,
facing the garage door, turned up high...

Then I used the compressor and blow gun to blow all the dust off the walls,
appliances, ceiling, etc...

It seemed to work pretty well, I'd guess that about 80 or 90% of the dust ended
up outside of the garage... A light once-over the next day with the shop vac
with a brush on the end got the rest...
Hope that helps..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Derek Andrews

Arch wrote:
I've been a bad woodturner and true redneck during the aftermath of the
hurricane and have let my shop and everything in it get covered with a
heavy layer of red mahogany dust.
The shop is a double garage with a door into the house, one side window
and a wide garage door. It contains Lori's washer & dryer.
How would y'all clean up this mess to return my shop and my marriage to
domestic tranquility?

I would recommend a shop vac in blow mode to get the dust off of all the
walls, ledges, worksufaces, light fittings and maybe even the ceiling.
If you have a dust collector system that should remove a lot of the
airborne dust, but if not, most is going to settle on the floor where it
can be swept up.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
http://chipshop.blogspot.com - a blog for my customers
http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com/TheToolrest/ - a blog for woodturners

Tom Nie

Arch,

I suggest an addition to the house for the laundry and cars.

Garage then becomes the official workshop. That way you leave everything
alone and since that's the scheme don't use a lot of clothes in the meantime
so there's no need for the laundry (or just buy new) and call a good, quick
contractor (one phone call verus all that work everyone's suggesting!).

OMO
TomNie

"Arch" wrote in message
I've been a bad woodturner and true redneck during the aftermath of the
hurricane and have let my shop and everything in it get covered with a
heavy layer of red mahogany dust.

The shop is a double garage with a door into the house, one side window
and a wide garage door. It contains Lori's washer & dryer.

How would y'all clean up this mess to return my shop and my marriage to
domestic tranquility? NOT in that order.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Arch,

woman love to clean and woman hate football on TV.

That being true hand your wife a brush and dustpan next Sunday while
you get a beverage of choice and turn on the game.

When the game is over your workshop will be spotless, your wife will be
extremely happy and you have had a well deserved rest.

Let me know how this advice works out for you.

Ken Moon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Arch,

woman love to clean and woman hate football on TV.

That being true hand your wife a brush and dustpan next Sunday while
you get a beverage of choice and turn on the game.

When the game is over your workshop will be spotless, your wife will be
extremely happy and you have had a well deserved rest.

Let me know how this advice works out for you.

=======================================

You DO know that you can be charged with being an accomplice to homicide if
this message is discovered, don't you??

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

Mr. Moose

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:54:39 -0500, "Bill Gooch"
wrote:

Suggest you build a separate enclosure down by the creek for the washer and
dryer.

That would be a cottage for the wife and the - mother in law?

Mark