Ecnerwal

Default ....and from dust, I shall return. I have faith, but I need help now!

In article ,
(Arch) wrote:

The shop is a double garage with a door into the house, one side window
and a wide garage door. It contains Lori's washer & dryer.

Well, you might consider relocating the appliances to a position close
to where clothes, towels and bedding are stored, used, and removed for
cleaning, rather than relegating them to the hinterland where laundry
must be lugged to them and away from them. Classic New England idiocy is
laundry in the basement (because that's where you put it! That's where
your parents had theirs! You can't imagine it being anywhere else!),
while it's almost all used, generated, and stored on the second floor.

The age of servants (doing the laundry understairs, away from sight and
sound of the gentle inhabitants) has passed (at least for us non-lottery
winners), so why make work for yourself dragging up and down (or in
one-level Florida, back and forth).

How would y'all clean up this mess to return my shop and my marriage to
domestic tranquility? NOT in that order.

Ye Vacuum ala Shop. Then, barring relocating the appliances as above,
either contain the appliances from the dusty lathe, or the dusty lathe
from the appliances, to prevent a recurrence.