Keith Young

Default Beale Buffing wheel hard to remove from adapter?

Hi

I am using the Beale buffing wheel system attached to an adapter and motor.
My problem is that the wheel is very difficult to remove after use!
Sometimes I have to use vise grips attached to a screwdriver to get enough
leverage to remove the wheel as it tightens very security.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Keith
Newfoundland

mac davis

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 06:32:13 -0330, "Keith Young" wrote:

Hi

I am using the Beale buffing wheel system attached to an adapter and motor.
My problem is that the wheel is very difficult to remove after use!
Sometimes I have to use vise grips attached to a screwdriver to get enough
leverage to remove the wheel as it tightens very security.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Keith
Newfoundland

Keith.. I added a 2nd nut, on the adapter side of each wheel, and tightened the
wheel on the screw a little more than Beall did...
Now, I just grab the cloth wheel and turn, and it seems to unscrew easier...
YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Chuck

wrote:

Hi

I am using the Beale buffing wheel system attached to an adapter and motor.
My problem is that the wheel is very difficult to remove after use!
Sometimes I have to use vise grips attached to a screwdriver to get enough
leverage to remove the wheel as it tightens very security.

Any advice would be appreciated!

This is an easy one.

Cut a two or three inch circle from a plastic lid, like from the
cover to a can of coffee, a can of potato chips or any other thin,
pliable plastic. Put a hole in the center the same diameter as the
spindle and put it on before screwing the wheel on. Should be easier
to get off after that.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Keith Young

Thank you all

Keith
Newfoundland

wrote:

Hi

I am using the Beale buffing wheel system attached to an adapter and
motor.
My problem is that the wheel is very difficult to remove after use!
Sometimes I have to use vise grips attached to a screwdriver to get enough
leverage to remove the wheel as it tightens very security.

Any advice would be appreciated!

This is an easy one.

Cut a two or three inch circle from a plastic lid, like from the
cover to a can of coffee, a can of potato chips or any other thin,
pliable plastic. Put a hole in the center the same diameter as the
spindle and put it on before screwing the wheel on. Should be easier
to get off after that.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com