Arch

Default Musing re 0-1-1-2-3-5-8-13 13/8=1.618 8/13=0.618 Zzzz

-----B-----|--------C----------
------------------A-----------------
Gotcha temporary attention, but there's nothing more boring or tiresome
than being a captured audience having to suffer the enthusiasm of
someone who has discovered something that everyone else knew about all
along. Will all of you who went beyond 10th grade math please leave the
room or you can plonk me now.

Watching the hurricane pics on tv, I saw the Fibonacci swirls in the
rain bands for the first time, so I hopped aboard my search engine and,
of course, I just have to inflict my revelations about this golden mean
stuff on you helpless woodturners.

We all know that if we incorporate the golden mean or ratio or number in
the form and design of our turnings all will be well, the sun will shine
and little children will again play in the streets. Even I had heard
that this magic number is involved in Greek art and architecture, stock
market predictions, multiplying rabbits, leaves on a stem, sunflowers,
conch shells and just about everything else in the universe except maybe
the lottery.

What is this number or ratio or mean that's so golden and widespread? I
could send you to http://golden number.net/
and you would find more info there than you need to know, but it would
be _correct and I can't have that.

I'm sorry but this is rcw's unlucky day. I'm just too excited and full
of my newfound knowledge (plus other internals) to share it today. Until
I return to earth to explain the riddle of life and turned forms that
please, have a look at that insufferably correct site. You 11th grade
and beyond math savants can safely return to the ng now. And the rest of
you can Wake Up!

In a perfect ng of palatable musings, I'd have written: "I found a site
about pleasing ratios. Have a look". What! me concise.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Tom Nie

Arch,

In all your excitement you wrote the wrong address. Try
http://goldennumber.net/

Not much difference but enough to not be able to get there. This looks like
one of George's sites.

You should see the cherry and walnut trees/logs I've been hauling. And other
stuff I'm too dumb to identify. Also, sycamore with a wild color pattern I
hope stays. Almost looks like Norfolk Pine.

TomNie

"Arch" wrote in message
[...]

Leif Thorvaldson

"Arch" wrote in message
[...]

Arch! I would have thought that you might be involved in Transcendental
Numbers by now, or at least irrational ones! *G*

Leif