Harry Curley

Default Triton Air Shield?

I have an opportunity to purchase one at a reasonable price are they worth
it? Do they fog up when being used. Can you wear regular glasses underneath
the helmet. Please give me some feed back-they are not cheap.

Bill Gooch

I bought one, tried it and didn't like it, kept the dust out but found it
very heavy and uncomfortable. also, filter tended to require a lot of
cleaning.

I went back to a facemask with disposable cartridges (actually I don't
dispose of them, I vacuum them out.)

Others may like the Triton, I didn't. Ensure that you buy from a company
that has a good return policy.

--
Bill Gooch
Mayor

"Harry Curley" wrote in message
I have an opportunity to purchase one at a reasonable price are they worth
it? Do they fog up when being used. Can you wear regular glasses underneath
the helmet. Please give me some feed back-they are not cheap.

Yes you can, and I do, wear glasses under it. Does a fine job of
filtering once it is fitted properly. It is heavier than the 3M I had
but not as noisey. I like mine but sometimes when I pick up the 3M I
kinda wonder ....Darryl

Alan

I have one and it works....I've never found cleaning of the primary
filter a problem (that's what it is there for after all). I do find
it heavy, however, it is so effective at keeping dust from your eyes
and lungs I find it an excellent product in that regard. It will only
fog up if you forget to turn on the power! The air is usually cooler
than your skin under the hood so it feels quite comfortable. Battery
life seems quite good following a recharge. I do find minor distortion
through the visor. They revised the hose to a much lighter, more
flexible material (I found the old hose actually pushed the helmet
forward on my head). I have a folded towel inside the helmet to raise
it higher on my head as there is no adjustment for that. Finally, you
may find you hit the helmet on things when you bend forward and after
having it on for a while you may even try to blow dust away from
something with teh visor still down!
Alan

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:34:41 -0700, "Harry Curley"
wrote:

I have an opportunity to purchase one at a reasonable price are they worth
it? Do they fog up when being used. Can you wear regular glasses underneath
the helmet. Please give me some feed back-they are not cheap.

Ralph E Lindberg

In article ,
"Harry Curley" wrote:

I have an opportunity to purchase one at a reasonable price are they worth
it? Do they fog up when being used. Can you wear regular glasses underneath
the helmet. Please give me some feed back-they are not cheap.

Ran across a review of them vrs the Trend,
(http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00149.asp ) the reviewer
thought the Trend was better. It was good enough for me (well, I played
with a Trend also), so I ordered the Trend

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

billh

Your experience mirrors mine other than I haven't noticed any image
distortion through the visor and I find the helmet adjustments OK for my
head. One thing I like about it is the provision of a hard hat when turning
since being conked in the head by a flying blank is not unheard of.
billh

wrote:

I have an opportunity to purchase one at a reasonable price are they worth
it? Do they fog up when being used. Can you wear regular glasses
underneath
the helmet. Please give me some feed back-they are not cheap.

Ralph E Lindberg

In article ,
"Walter H. Klaus" wrote:

Correction, My face shield is a Trend and not Triton.
..

While my Trend is holding up well

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Where Should Dense Shield be Used ? Vince Home Repair 1 July 1st 05 03:56 PM
Best modern Router table Router? [email protected] Woodworking 21 February 24th 05 06:01 AM
Triton Respirator irwin Woodturning 0 November 16th 04 12:50 PM
Triton T80 replacement Kevin UK diy 6 June 4th 04 05:30 PM
recommendation for face shield David Wade Woodturning 1 July 8th 03 03:33 PM