Owen Lowe

Default Arch - Take a Seat, Pal.

OK YOUNG MAN. WE NEED TO HAVE A LITTLE TALK. DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE
WERE? A NUMBER OF US HAVE BEEN CALLING YOUR HOME WITH NO ANSWER -
EMAILING TO FULL MAILBOXES - CONTACTING FLORIDA CHAPTER PRESIDENTS. SOME
OF US WERE THINKING THE WORST - NO, NOT THAT YOU WERE ABDUCTED BY AL K.
AND TRANSPORTED TO HIS NEW HOME PLANET.

SIT UP STRAIGHT, THIS IS SERIOUS. WE SET OUT THE DOGS ON YOU BECAUSE WE
CARE - NEXT TIME YOU PLAN ON BEING GONE FROM THE GROUP FOR A MONTH YOU
HAD BETTER LET US KNOW. WE WERE WORRIED SICK. ...GONE TO MAINE FOR
CRIMINEY SAKE! I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME FELLA BECAUSE YOU AIN'T GOING
ANYWHERE FOR A GOOD LONG TIME. NOW MARCH TO YOUR LAZY-BOY AND GET MUSING.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Safety Tip'o'th'week: Never grind aluminum and steel or iron on the same
machine or workstation - Thermite.
http://www.hanford.gov/lessons/sitell/ll01/2001-36.htm
Leif Thorvaldson

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news
OK YOUNG MAN. WE NEED TO HAVE A LITTLE TALK. DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE
WERE? A NUMBER OF US HAVE BEEN CALLING YOUR HOME WITH NO ANSWER -
EMAILING TO FULL MAILBOXES - CONTACTING FLORIDA CHAPTER PRESIDENTS. SOME
OF US WERE THINKING THE WORST - NO, NOT THAT YOU WERE ABDUCTED BY AL K.
AND TRANSPORTED TO HIS NEW HOME PLANET.

SIT UP STRAIGHT, THIS IS SERIOUS. WE SET OUT THE DOGS ON YOU BECAUSE WE
CARE - NEXT TIME YOU PLAN ON BEING GONE FROM THE GROUP FOR A MONTH YOU
HAD BETTER LET US KNOW. WE WERE WORRIED SICK. ...GONE TO MAINE FOR
CRIMINEY SAKE! I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME FELLA BECAUSE YOU AIN'T GOING
ANYWHERE FOR A GOOD LONG TIME. NOW MARCH TO YOUR LAZY-BOY AND GET MUSING.

=====Owen! How'd you come up with the information? If only the CIA could
move as stealthily as Arch did! Whatever possessed him to go to Maine for a
month? Whatever would be a person's reason to do so. Maine? Isn't that
the state that got named after a sunken battleship?? Arch: You got a whole
lotta 'splainin' to do!

Leif

Ecnerwal

As a person born and raised in Maine, I can report that there are a lot
of those things which have roots at one end, leaves at the other, and
some guy with a chainsaw in the middle. Many of which are nicer for
turning than many of what grows in Florida, IMHO. And if it wasn't the
Global Warming Summer of Doom, it's usually cooler than Florida at this
time of year (still might be on the coast - inland and no longer in
Maine, it's been too darn hot (New Englander's are not supposed to
_need_ air conditioning in our home territory). Depending on which means
of transport our COC took it is too bad he didn't mention his foray - I
for one would be happy to raise a BoC any time he cares to drop in for
a visit.

What I can't understand are our British cousins, who choose to visit the
Land of the Overgrown Rodent in that peninsular state during the summer.
Ugh. Myself, I ran away to Hawaii (which was cooler than here), and
brought back a bit of Hawaiian Koa wood, after chatting for a while with
a nice guy by the name of Dan DeLuz. He's got bowl lathes set up with
the center very high, says he did it due to a back problem, and has
stayed with it as it solved his back problem. Seemed like better wood at
a better price than some of the other wood places which had stock for
sale on the island.

Owen Lowe

In article ,
Ecnerwal wrote:

it's usually cooler than Florida at this
time of year (still might be on the coast - inland and no longer in
Maine,

Snip
I for one would be happy to raise a BoC any time he cares to drop in for
a visit.

Yep it must be pretty cooling when the skeeters snatch you up off the
ground and carry you off.

My apologies for the slighting Maine - I was on a roll and things get
thrown in during a rant that sometimes don't belong. Maine's a fine
place - I honeymooned there in a previous life.

What's a BoC? Bitchin' ol' Codger? (assuming it's along the lines of CoC)

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Safety Tip'o'th'week: Never grind aluminum and steel or iron on the same
machine or workstation - Thermite.
http://www.hanford.gov/lessons/sitell/ll01/2001-36.htm

Ecnerwal

What's a BoC? Bitchin' ol' Codger? (assuming it's along the lines of CoC)

Beverage of Choice